Terms of Service
Wavepaths provides our website located at www.wavepaths.com (the “Site”) and music, accessible via the Site, for psychedelic therapy services.
To make the following Terms easier to read, we refer to the Site and our services collectively as the “Services.” Please read these Terms of Service (the “Terms”) carefully because they govern your use of our Services.
After you have read them, please click on “accept” to agree that you will use our Services in accordance with these Terms.
Psychedelics remain illegal in many places. Wavepaths does not endorse illegal activities. Nothing in our Services is intended to promote illegal behaviour.
Using the Services
By using the Services, you understand that Wavepaths is developing purely experimental technologies, and that Wavepaths is not in a position to offer professional or medical advice with regard to treating medical conditions, mental health disorders, or other conditions. Wavepaths does not represent or warrant that its Services can or will bring about improvements in well-being.
You understand that psychedelic use involves risks including, but not limited to, the potential for subjectively powerful experiences that may lead to emotional upheaval for yourself, as well as third parties. You also understand that the use of music provided through Wavepaths Services is intended to be emotionally evocative, and you therefore agree to undertake all risks and responsibilities involved in experiences with music provided through our Services. You agree that Wavepaths cannot be held responsible for any difficulties whatsoever that may arise for you, or for third parties as a result of your use of the Services. Furthermore, you understand and agree that Wavepaths is not responsible for your well-being, or for that of a a third party, and that Wavepaths cannot be held liable for any effects whatsoever that may arise during, or as a result of, your use of these Services.
You represent and warrant that you will not use our Services while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Should you violate this term of our agreement with you, you will be held entirely responsible for any risks, injuries, or damage, known or unknown, which you or anyone else may incur as a result of this use.
You agree that you have read the above limitations of Wavepaths’ liability and fully understand their contents. You voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above in their entirety, and agree to abide by these Terms when using our Services.
Content and Content Rights
For purposes of these Terms,
- “Content” means text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, works of authorship of any kind, and any and all information or other materials that are made available through the Services; and
- “User Content” means any Content that users, including you, provide to be made available through the Services. Content includes, without any limitation, User Content.
Wavepaths’ “Journey App” (the “App”) is a Consumer Application. Wavepaths does not grant any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights to the Content being used via the App. All intellectual property rights in this Content (including all patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, and other proprietary rights) are retained by the owners or, as appropriate, licensees of that Content.
Rights in Content Granted by Wavepaths
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Wavepaths grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the Content solely for the purpose of your permitted use of the Services, and solely for your personal and non-commercial use. You understand that you shall not acquire any rights, including intellectual property rights of any kind, in any of this Content.
Rights in App Granted by Wavepaths
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Wavepaths grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the App on a mobile device or computer that you own or control, and to run the App solely for your own personal and non-commercial purposes. Wavepaths reserves all rights in and to the App not expressly granted to you under this clause of the Agreement. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms, you may not:
- copy, modify, or create derivative works based on the App;
- distribute, transfer, sub-license, lease, lend, or rent the App to any third party;
- reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the App; or
- make the functionality of the App available to multiple users through any means whatsoever.
You agree not to do any of the following:
- Use, display, mirror, or frame the Services, or any individual element within the Services, including, but not limited to, Wavepath’s name, any Wavepaths trademark, logo, or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without Wavepaths’ express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, Wavepaths’ computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Wavepaths’ providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Wavepaths system or network, or breach any security or authentication measures for any purpose whatsoever;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Wavepaths or any of Wavepaths providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services;
- Attempt to access or search the Services or record or download Content from the Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Wavepaths or other generally available third party web browsers;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Wavepaths trademark, logo URL, or product name without Wavepaths express written consent;
- Use the Services for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third party, or in any manner whatsoever not permitted by these Terms;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Services;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
The Services, Products, and Content are provided “as is,” without warranty of any kind. In particular, Wavepaths makes no warranty that the Services or Products will meet your requirements or that they will be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. We make no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness, or reliability of our Services or Content.
You will indemnify and hold harmless Wavepaths and its officers, directors, employees, contractors, consultants, and agents, from and against any claims, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, and costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees arising out of or in any way connected with
- your access to or use of the Services or Content or
- your violation of these Terms.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Neither Wavepaths nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Services or Content will be liable for any incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, lost profits, loss of data or goodwill, service interruption, computer damage or system failure, or from the use of, or inability to, use the Services or Content, whether based on warranty or contract, and whether or not Wavepaths has been informed of the possibility of such damages.
These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
If you use our Services in the course of research, you must credit Wavepaths in any research outputs, as well as notifying Wavepaths in advance of publication of any such outputs. Research outputs may be written, verbally presented, audio/visual, electronic, or other types of outputs, and they include, but are not limited to, the following:
|Research papers and abstracts||Oral presentations||Research posters||Websites|
|Press releases||Speaking to the media, including media interviews||Presentation slides||Blog posts|
|Research reports||Speaking at events||Newsletters|
|Books or book chapters||Social media|