Deep Listening Preparation
Your Deep Listening journey starts here. Good preparation will help you get the most out of the session.
Ready your space
- Find a comfortable, private space where you will not be disturbed for the duration of the session.
- Leave time before and after to ease the transition between the experience and your day to day.
- Prepare a supportive surface like a yoga mat to lie on (avoid using areas that you associate with sleep).
- Consider supporting your head and your knees with pillows for comfort.
- We strongly recommend using eye shades as this supports full immersion in the music.
- It can be helpful to have a blanket to hand for covering yourself with if you get cold.
- If you are using any Laptop or Android device ensure you use Google Chrome to play the Wavepaths audio.
- If you are using an iPad or iPhone then you should use Safari to play the Wavepaths audio.
- Put your device in ‘Do Not Disturb’ mode to prevent interruption from notification sounds (on Windows this feature is called ‘Focus Assist’).
- Close any other tabs you have open on your browser.
- You can test whether your audio setup is working by playing a Wavepaths infinite stream.
- Once you receive the Audio link via the Zoom chat and have it safely open in your browser you should drop off the Zoom call and close Zoom for the duration of the session.
- For those using bluetooth headphones you may need to restart your browser after closing Zoom before the audio will play successfully. Copy and paste the Audio link to a document before doing this so you don’t lose it.
- Wear good quality headphones (preferably wired) or position an external sound system.
- Make sure the volume is comfortably loud so that the music fills your awareness.
- If using Bluetooth headphones ensure they are not paired with any other nearby devices and that no other browser tabs are open on your devices.
- Test your audio equipment prior to the session.
We look forward to welcoming you to your Deep Listening session.